Sunday 1 July 2012

What to eat on a night out with Mr Christian Grey...



Hey, 

Tomorrow I am taking part in Nisha Obaidullah 6 week ab challenge, something she runs annually for fitpros but this year she's opened it up for everyone so it should be fun.


Before the hard work starts I decided to take my Lianne (my better half) & Tiana (my 6 going on 16 year old daughter) out for a meal (a little reward for my daughter receiving an amazing school report) and what started out as a celebratory meal ended up in realising that women analyse everything; and I mean EVERYTHING!!

 Now I have heard Lianne on her 'girlie nights' (code name for a sinking a bottle of wine, painting nails & bitch about boys night ha) discussing matters that I like to call 'dribble' and usually I take no notice but for once a group of women actually made some sense!?

So I'm at the meal.... we're sat at the table next to a group of women and there was like 10 conversations going on at once mainly about 50 shades of grey, how you girls can keep up is beyond me!? 


Usually I wouldn't take any notice but there conversations always fell back to 'What they can't eat'.... We had points, free foods(c'mon seriously WTF) 'I've earn't myself 'X' amount of extra points', co-ordination of foods together, Fad diets, latest magazine before and after diet  - the list goes on! The most shocking sentence I heard was 'Being on a diet ruins your social life!' sound familiar to anyone??



So it got me thinking, how many of you avoid being social-able whilst on a 'diet'? - (I'm sure you are all aware I hate that word with a passion!)

I'm not joking you; we'd ordered our meals, Tiana had checked out the toilets and we'd received our drinks with starters well on the way before the group of women had decided what they can and cant have! 


I could see the frustration in the waiter just wanting to take an order and I can imagine most people have chosen thier 3 course meal before you've picked apart the menu too so with this in mind and JUST in case your on a date with your Mr Grey here's my gift to you.


 Ian's 5 Top 'going out with no worries to points,days or calories' tips. 


I'm going to list you 5 points, in order, to make this simpler for you and of course more enjoyable so that you can just order your food and go back to talking your 'dribble' ...


1) Drinks!

Get a glass/jug of water, spice up your life with a lemon or orange in it, not only is it good for you it will
diminish that 'fake hunger' and will put you in the mood for ordering the correct food. 


2) Starters!

Check out the soup of the day, if its water based then get it, its gonna fill you up just right and
is light and not fried, or go for the prawn cocktail.
Remember this is a STARTER, its not suppose to fill you up to the point you don't want your
main meal.

3) Main Course


Meat & fish over pasta & pizza dishes:
Meat & fish are packed with protein which as we know is the biggest fat burner in the body, pasta/pizza are full of fast releasing carbs which will cling on to your fat storage area.


'Is that Chips, Salad or Jacket' 


Go for the greens every time, salad or vegetables gets my vote. Greens help fight fat by reducing insulin levels.

4) Actual Eating!


Ok so as you are all on these crazed 'diets' and probably only had a Ryvita in the space of 2
days, you're gonna be starving and mauling this meal like a caveman... well don't!
Eat slowly!! Chew your food properly, have a little drink inbetween and come up for air!! Talk
some 'dribble' inbetween - enjoy being out!


5) Dessert!


Yes that's right - dessert!


 Now if you have followed all the steps above you should be feeling pretty satisfied with your meal and full so that you can pass on dessert without any regrets! However, I know everyone has a sweet tooth or a 'separate part of the stomach', 


Hey I have one myself... so instead of ordering a full on sweet fest for yourself just order 1 to share... that way you're going to satisfy your sweet tooth and not over-indulge on 'calories' or you could just order a coffee to finish off your meal. Be different.

So there you have it - my 5 top tips to enjoying and yet controlling a meal out, it doesn't matter what diet your following or how many points are in the food, you're out for a meal for a reason so enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment