Saturday 21 April 2012

The Green Eyed Monster...

If you've been following my 14 day transformation over on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9bwuZ5CU5wnNCzA5MfCX8A?feature=watch you'll know that I'm currently tweaking my Fat Blast Formula...I'm currently nine days in and feeling pretty damn good!

Now of course being a fitness professional fruit and vegetables are part and parcel of my everyday life, but obviously I've not always been a 'Fitpro'. Before finding out the importance and nutritional value that was held in fruit and veg, I only ate foods that I liked so broccoli, sprouts, plums etc got swerved (I was a nightmare at the kitchen table as a kid ha).

As disgusting as it sounds I have force fed myself the food (or fuel) my body needs and you know what, I now enjoy these foods!! I personally think over time your body adapts to the way you eat and finds the goodness in it.

Now on my new Fat Blast Formula I have really increased my greens intake, green leafy foods help fight cortisol levels (fat around the belly), lower oestrogen levels to prevent all your weight landing on your bum and thighs, create fresher looking skin to name a few benefits. So start adding in Broccoli, Sprouts, cabbage, Kale, Spinach and Green Tea to your everyday life. 

One thing I have started to do is drink a shot of greens drink first thing in a morning along with my breakfast to give my body an extra boost, here's the recipe I slightly adapted from Patrick Holford....

Half a handful watercress, rinsed and dried
Half a handful leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
Half a handful of basil leaves
Half a handful or parsley leaves
1 good drizzle (about 1 tbsp) of extra virgin olive oil
Squeeze of lemon and orange to taste
*Add cucumber for a thinner texture
**Blend together and serve

If you haven't got time to make this up on a daily basis and want something ready made I highly recommend Paul Mort's Lean Greens drink over at http://www.facebook.com/LeanGreens 


No comments:

Post a Comment